Keep your coins and Trezor safe and secure by following these simple steps on how to update your firmware from the suite. Regular updates are important in order to maintain optimal security for your device.
Yes, using the software Suite is a perfectly acceptable way to update your Trezor device. This method is specifically mentioned by Trezor in their documentationTrezor Suite: https://wiki.trezor.io/Suite_manual:Updating_the_Trezor_device_firmware.
The suite will deliver an official alert when a new firmware is available. The most important thing to do is to make sure you only get the Suite from the official sourceTrezor Suite: https://suite.trezor.io and you periodically check the website to make sure your Suite version is up-to-date and your firmware hasn’t fallen behind the recommended version due to a problem with your local computer.
How To Safely Update Trezor firmware From The Suite
- Before beginning, please note that it is only possible to update the firmware from the Trezor Wallet Suite. You will need physical access to your device in order to verify and confirm the new firmware.
- In order to update the firmware, open the Treasury Wallet and connect your Trezor device. Once it has been connected, click on the “Settings” tab.
- Next to “Firmware version,” click on “Check for update.” If there is a new firmware available, a pop-up window will appear asking you if you wish to continue with the update. Please read through the entire message carefully before proceeding.
- Once you have confirmed that you would like to update your firmware, click on “Update Firmware.” Your device will now go through the necessary process of updating the firmware and will restart automatically once it is finished.
- You have now successfully updated your Trezor firmware! In order to check that everything went smoothly, go back to the “Settings” tab and verify that the new firmware version is showing up next to “Firmware version.”
You can confirm that you are getting the right firmware by visiting the Trezor official websiteTrezor: https://wiki.trezor.io/Suite_manual:Updating_the_Trezor_device_firmware
Updating your Trezor’s firmware is an important part of keeping your device secure. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your wallet stays safe and up-to-date.